- The causes of the Civil War
- Important events leading to the war
- The reason men volunteered to go off and fight in America's bloodiest War
- The daily life of the typical soldier
- The soldiers' uniforms & equipment
- How the Civil War was fought
- Civil War drill & tactics including facings & marching, Manual of Arms, and loading & firing procedures during battle
- The terrible cost of this tragic war
Arn Kind has been an educator for 38 years, both in the classroom, teaching grades 4 through 12 and through his presentations to young people and adults of all ages. His unique performances are popular in a multitude of venues, as well as summer camps, historical reenactments and festivals. An important part of Arn's presentations are the artifacts, uniforms and equipment that students will be able to observe, handle, and interact with as part of their hands-on experience in living the history.
This program is funded with money from Minnesota's Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund.